Well, looks like that New Year’s resolution didn’t work out so well. And how are you, this happy July?
Jamey and I, like we know you have as well, are in the midst of a summer scorcher. While we’re discussing other facts of life, we might as well throw out that we’re also now homeowners, pet owners, washer and dryer owners – oh, and let’s not forget that we also now possess a dishwasher. Life is amazing.
The home is worth hundreds of entries already, and it’s a shame I haven’t been blogging any of it. Still, let’s go back to the most important part of the above section: we now own a pet, and her name is Scarlett.
“Hello, I’m Scarlett.”
Jamey and I are sitting in the Atlanta airport, waiting to board for our honeymoon flight to Belize. Already everything is a blur; we were so exhausted last night that by the time we got to the Ritz downtown, all we could do is order a beer and a burger with room service. It might have been the perfect start to married life.
I will give you a detailed wedding post soon, especially once we have some pictures. We are counting on all of you to upload some to Facebook!
For now, though, I think it’s fair to say we couldn’t have asked for anything more. From the ceremony to the reception, everything was absolutely perfect and how we imagined.
Thank you to everyone for your blessings, well wishes, thoughts and support. We are completely overwhelmed by how much your love means to us, and that feeling certainly hit me the second I stepped foot in the church and saw all who were there to celebrate with us. I couldn’t hold back the tears even if I tried.
What a beautiful weekend and the start to a lifetime of happiness. Jamey and I will never be able to express just how amazing you all are and what your love means to us. Thank you again and again!
Jamey & Claire
Now, off to Belize!
Well, well, well. What have we been doing these past few weeks?
This might be the longest hiatus the blog has yet seen, and I assure you we have no good excuses. Jamey might, since he’s been on the road quite a bit the past couple weeks, which is why I’m getting this post in now before he gets home and is an evening distraction once more. (See you soon, honeybunch!) Still, we’ve had some notable developments that are worth noting in the wedding planning and life planning arena, in general:
1. My dress came in! I made a whirlwind trip home this past weekend, which resulted in a 6 a.m. flight out to Atlanta Saturday morning and a 9 a.m. flight back into Charleston on Sunday. However, the 27-hour trip was fruitful; my mom and I scooted off to the alterations lady, giving her ample time to have the dress altered and ready by the Monday before the big day (keeping my fingers crossed that all goes to plan).
2. Jamey and I became godparents! We mentioned this activity over Labor Day weekend, I still think it was pretty special. I’ve never been an aunt before, so the fact that Jamey and I are now beholden to a little baby niece until she is a grown-up is pretty cool. We even got a fun photo of the Monaclan:
The whole enchilada. Props to my dad for taking this pic!
Say hi to Jamey and Jamey doll!
We got in to the Lake Oconee area late Saturday night and have been having a grand old time with our families. Jamey and I even became Godparents!
We return to Charleston tomorrow, and then my bachelorette festivities start Saturday night. 48 days, and we couldn’t be more excited.
Hope y’all are having a lovely Labor Day weekend!
This past weekend was another trip back to Georgia, one for me to Atlanta and Jamey to Athens. Mine was…probably a bit more tame than his, so I’ll let Jamey be the one to go into details for you about that later.
My mom’s longtime friend Mrs. T hosted a shower for me, and it was one of those special occasions that my mom and I will both cherish for a long, long time.
Plus, I got this extra special Jamey doll!
What's that? You want to go to the mall and buy me shoes? Aw, thank you, baby!
We’ve been doing the worst thing for a personal blog… not updating it.
Basically, the past few weeks have been pretty crazy and Claire and I have been very busy.
Here are a few reasons for it:
- Claire has a new job! – I know it’s no secret around here that Claire is the driving force of this little thing and now that she’s blogging all day at work…
- Jamey is lazy. – I know it’s no secret around here that Claire is the driving force for this little thing, and if she’s busy or distracted, I will also be distracted and
- Claire and Jamey had their first wedding party event. – This was quite an event!
Here’s Claire shooting her first gun:
As you can see, she did not enjoy it. I had to finish her round for her. She also shot a pistol this day, but we don’t have a picture of that one.
- Claire and Jamey had their Pre-Cana(Catholic marriage preparation\training) classes. – We just got back from a little jaunt up to Chattanooga to participate in the “Picture of Love” engaged couples’ retreat. It was great. Mostly, we had a great time visiting the Chattanooga branch of the Monahan family.
These are just a few of the activities that have yet to be blogged about.
Claire and I are going to go wander around the grocery store to find dinner and then we might just give you some glimpses into our lives together.
We’re updating today with a special post just for our moms: Happy Mother’s Day, Momma Monahan and Momma Lenenski! We love you both so, so much.
And an extra special happy mom’s day to Jamey’s sister, who just gave birth to the prettiest little family addition!
Happy birthday, baby Lucia!
We are so excited to meet you, little Lucia!
What a beautiful, heartwarming weekend it’s been.
Jamey and Claire